• E-mail me!
  • Things seen at high school football games

    Possible answers:

    • Crack, as in butt-crack
    • Inappropriate t-shirts worn by band chaperones
    • Hurling, as in lunch, especially when it's too humid to be outdoors
    • Gang fights and tasering
    • Arrests

    The crack episode involves a spectator who is either addicted to tanning or really well over 40 but likes to dress as a teenager. Early in the season, after the national anthem was played, I spotted her as she bent over to fuss with a small child. The waistband of her thong panties clearly showed over the top of her skinny jeans. Add to that her tank top, zip-up skinny jacket, ball cap, and big hoop earrings, and we've got a woman who is refusing to act her age and embarrassing herself in the process.

    A couple of weeks ago, a band chaperone was wearing a black, form-fitting tank top that had a big pink-ribbon logo on the front and read "celebrate ta-tas." As if that wasn't bad enough, "ta-tas" was about six inches tall and positioned directly over her breasts.

    Yesterday was surprisingly humid after a week of cooler weather. Normal operating procedures have the band kids scattering after school to scarf down food. Most go home while some find fast-food. Yesterday was no different. Skip to the half-time, where the band is free to use the concession stand. One student didn't make it; the humidity was too much and he was sick to his stomach. Worse--his parents did not attend that game, an away game in a run-down neighborhood.

    As a chaperone, I like to be last out of the stands to make sure we've got everyone. Last night was no different. As I was walking from the gate to the area where the buses were located, I noticed a group of youths walking with a sense of purpose from across the street into a grassy area located between the gate and me. There was lots of yelling going on, so I looked behind me and saw a second, similar-sized group of youths walking with a sense of purpose from the gate area into the same grassy area. Fighting commenced immediately; however, the police were rigth on top of things. Within moments I heard the sound of a Taser being fired. I looked back and saw a young man squirming on the ground. I announced that we needed to get out of there as fast as possible.

    We arrived at the buses only to discover police at our end, too. Some "locals" decided to try to get onto the buses, and were being arrested for trespass. We were encouraged to board the buses as quickly as possible and then shut the doors.

    Where were we? Downtown Augusta, at a school known for its quality educational program for "gifted" students.

    3 comments:

    Beav said...

    I don't know if it makes any difference, but the "ta-tas" shirt is a breast cancer awareness product. They designed the brand with their tongues firmly planted in their...cheeks.

    Soo Mi said...

    Oh, I know. I've seen the bumper stickers and so on. I think they're pretty cute, but at a high school event, not so much. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten my knickers twisted if it had been a home game.

    Anonymous said...

    the correct term for the butt crack you saw is 'whale tale'.