• E-mail me!
  • Speeling is speshul

    As you all know, I adore personalized license plates. I especially love the ones that make no sense, and play a little game of "What the hell...?!" Some of you have played along with me.

    Today's plate issue isn't about plates that make no sense, but ones that do. Why am I bugged by plates that make sense? Because occasionally, they are misspelled in such a way that you just know the dolt had a cute idea but no clue or dictionary.

    For instance, this plate:

    Villian

    Now, this person may be claiming to be a bad guy, in which case the spelling should have been "villain." Or this person could be claiming to live in serf-like conditions, in which case the spelling should have been "villein." Or perhaps it's a name thing, in which case I'm sure the spelling should have been "Vivian."

    I hope the person isn't really an idiot who can't spell but in fact changed the spelling because their idea was already registered. However, this should never be done. For god's sake, change some of the letters for numbers: two 1s instead of ls, for instance. Don't be publicly stupid on your permanent record.

    2 comments:

    Beav said...

    I, on the other hand, plan to be permanently stupid on my public record...FTW!

    Soo Mi said...

    Permanently stupid. Is that along the same lines as 'accidentally retarded'?