• E-mail me!
  • something something something dark side

    I was talking with the Network Guru, who got his start in the early days of UseNet in the universities, about my son, who's a budding computer geek. As mentioned previously, I broke the Wii. It was supposedly unfixable, I damaged the delicate internal components, etc.

    The Boy fixed it, although you can't tell by looking at it.

    Instead of asking me to buy a triangular screwdriver, he just kinda broke apart the plastic casing so he could get to the guts.

    Once inside the guts, he did a little fiddling. Then he either created or found a backdoor boot hack (I choose not to ask) and saved it to an SD card, which had to be inserted prior to start up. Once he got it booted, he used HomeBrew to download some more data and viola! A working [butt-ugly] Wii.

    Now he's trying to find a way to hack it so it can run Playstation discs.

    What I said to the Network Guru at work was that I just hope that in the future he bends back towards the path of good instead of the path of the Dark Side, as it seems he's doing right now.

    This, of course, brings me to tonight's discussion: If the evil part of The Force is called "the Dark Side," what is the good part called?

    1 comment:

    Beav said...

    The Light Side, of course.

    Cheers!