• E-mail me!
  • And stop calling me Shirley!

    Today was a trip: bizarre and yet surprising not really too far out of the ordinary.

    Journey with me as I go back in time.... /doodly-doo, doodly-doo, doodly-doo/

    I woke up later than I wanted to this morning after tossing and turning all night. Just as I'm finally with-it, the phone rings. It's The Girl, and she needs a "please before school starts" rescue of forgotten gym clothes. I get there with only moments to spare, and The Girl is saved. Yay, me!

    The Boy gets to the bus on time, but not until he's dumped a bunch of flour on the table (school project) and forgotten breakfast. At least he brushed his teeth.

    The Baby gets to the bus on time, but that was because she missed being able to walk to school with her friends. Don't get me started about this bus thing.

    I get ready for school and, with absolutely perfect hair, leave early enough that I just might make it to class with time to sit and study a little. Yay, me! Only along the route, I got side-tracked by an errant piece of metal shelving in my driving path that decided my gas tank needed an extra hole. So I missed an entire day of biology, lecture and lab. Boo!

    The state patrol sends out their "motorist assistant" who informs me that there is nothing The State can do about it, act of god, blah blah blah, don't abandon your vehicle. My insurance company is very accommodating and sends out probably the fastest towing service I've ever experienced in all 18 years of my driving experience. If you're in my area and need a recommendation, email me--this company rocks!

    My lovely friends arrive to rescue me, one still in her pyjamas and with a daycare kid in tow. I love them so much!

    A local dealership kindly finds me cheaper parts for my car vs new, while my insurance company kindly reminds me that I have to pony up the deductible first, and then they pay whatever is over the deductible. Boo! If you want to know what a used gas tank and install costs, email me. Put down your coffee first.

    However, they'll have it done and back to me by Tuesday at the very latest. Yay, I guess.

    Onward home so that I may tighten my budget and squeeze the blood from every last penny we possess, which was not as difficult as I thought since I had forgotten that I had already paid a number of this month's bills. Yay, me!

    The Boy returns with his loaner trumpet and says his band instructor insists he is to never return with that particular trumpet again, meaning I have to go get another loaner from the music shop. Before I leave yet again, I decide to check the mail box. I'm expecting packages, you know.

    I didn't find my packages, but I did find my grant rebate from the college, which will pay for the van, an upcoming band trip deposit, and our trip to the mountains. Yay, my college! (BTW-the music shop is in possession of no other loaner trumpets, so The Boy must use one from the school until his own is repaired--this is not why I pay $5/month for instrument insurance!)

    When I saw the numbers on that check, I hyperventilated. All I have to say about that is, "Yay, my kids!" They remembered what to do for me whenever that happens!

    There is hope for the future, and so all is well with my world. Tonight I can sleep (I use that term loosely here) and start my daily drama over again tomorrow.

    1 comment:

    Beav said...

    Is our heroine destined to be dashed to dusty dots? Will she contrive to clean the kitchen and come to karaoke?

    Will I figure out what just happened in that last paragraph? [shrug]

    Guess we'll find out later.