• E-mail me!
  • Strait and narrow

    I am sooo happy.

    Years ago, I was dragged along to a music festival in Greenbo', Ala-bama! to see some guy called Keb Mo. Turns out he's a blues guy. I don't like the blues, actually. However, he wasn't the only star there; there were stars all over the place, including my all-time favorite non-country band, Live. It was freakin' awesome!

    Last night, I got to see the only country artist I truly like: George Strait. Sweet holy Jesus, was that an awesome show! And now, I can die without regret. But not too soon. I'd like to be old first, thanks.

    Here are some highlights:





    Mister is awesome! Thanks ever so much for the tickets. We really did have completely awesome seats. I'm a short stack, so floor seats were out of the question. Most other seats had to deal with people standing up. But the seats I got were front-row of the "arena" seats, which put us up about a foot or so higher than the floor seats, with no one else in front of us. We were able to sit for nearly the entire show and still see everything! Woot!

    2 comments:

    Daniel Poehlman said...

    Oooo... I freakin' love Keb Mo. During my heady band days, I used to cover a lot of his songs, and I almost got the chance to play with him several years back.

    As for George Strait, well... I like a handful of his songs, but I'm not much of a country music fan. I suppose that's a statement to how good of a musician he is if a person who doesn't like country music likes his music.

    Still, Keb Mo? Freakin' awesome!

    Soo Mi said...

    I'm kinda sorry I passed on it now, but I had never heard of him at the time. I don't seek out blues music on purpose. Later, however, I'd heard his brand was thought of as "happy blues," so I guess I need to pull my head out of my ass and expand my culture.