• E-mail me!
  • attempting to find crow on which to dine

    Mister has decided I may have been a bit harsh in my judgment of Augusta, Georgia, of the United States of America, North America, Earth, Inner Solar System.

    I declared that it was impossible or nearly impossible to find free or cheap stuff to do here that was family-friendly. He pointed out that he found a free symphony presentation, which the kids enjoyed immensely, once we got their grumbly butts into the church and the band started playing.

    Yes, we were in a church. But that's not what's important right now.

    I pointed out that one free event in two months hardly qualified as "misrepresentation." Granted, there is a free monthly newspaper geared towards parents of preschoolers, but it very often does not contain one-off activities that might interest my kids, even if I forced them to do them.

    However, in fairness to Mister and his tender sensibilities, I am embarking on a quest To Discover Stuff For Kids And Teens To Do That Is Free Or Cheap In Augusta. It may be dangerous. I may not return unscathed. I may even be attacked by zombies.

    Keep in touch, and wish me luck!

    4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Find the kids a job. : o they'll love going anywhere with rather then work. ; )
    We go to tractor shows, auctions, thresher men shows, free or cheap stuff.
    http://www.threshermen.org/
    Take a garden wagon and cooler, that stuff is hot, dirty, noisey, and fun to see the old stuff still working.

    Good Luck with the zombies.
    Church! snicker snicker. ; )
    Bob

    Beav said...

    So, for the zombies, stop back by the church and pick up some holy water. Get yourself a cricket bat and pick out a couple dozen LPs you could live without.

    Good luck on your search for stuff to do. I know how it can be.

    (And for goodness sake, don't get any of the holy water on you!)

    Anonymous said...

    One of my favorite Redneck sports.
    http://www.punkinchunkin.com/faq.htm
    Bob

    Soo Mi said...

    My college in Virginia held one of those every year. The engineering students would design/build trebuchets and catapults, and then launch pumpkins, giant water balloons, and toilet paper. It was pretty cool.