• E-mail me!
  • Your ego--is it 'check in' or 'carry on'?

    This past weekend, I was in the presence of a hundred or few celebrities both major and minor who adore their fans so much, they even hug them if the fan isn't too smelly or strange.

    Today, however, I was reminded of the other sort of celebrity: the one who thinks he's all that and a bag of chips, but in fact is not.

    Check this out:

    Pete Doherty breaks down in tears at airport

    Rocker weeps after missing flight to Austria

    Monday, 1 September 2008

    Pete Doherty was so upset when his hat got creased at an airport that he started crying.

    The Babyshambles frontman, 29, was due to fly to Salzburg, Austria, to play a gig last weekend.

    ‘I informed British Airways of my late arrival,’ he explains. 'I told them I was a kind of minor celebrity and I might get a bit of hassle at the airport.

    'Turns out they are complete arseholes. Even when I fell over and badly creased my hat, I had no assistance.'

    And Pete admits he was so frustrated he started to blub.

    ‘I was crying but I didn't want them to see,' he tells the Sunday Mirror.

    'A cynic might say I missed the plane, an honest man might say I went to the airport a little late.’

    Alison Adey
    I underlined the poncy git-boy bit. I mean, what a turd bag. He could only have managed to be more full of himself if he'd been wearing that t-shirt that says, "I'm kindof a big deal."

    Someone please slap the self-importance out of this idiot. And remind me to never listen to his music.

    And a cynic doesn't say you missed the plane, jackass. Reality says you missed the plane. Get your lazy, self-involved arse out of bed an hour earlier like the rest of us. Jesus-Mary-and-Joseph! Get a life already!

    PS: I underlined the really stupid stuff he said. Otherwise, Ms Adey did an excellent job of reporting this nonsense.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Never heard of him. Thank God!
    Was it a really nice hat? he he he
    What a shame his head didn't get creased at the same time.

    What's this world coming to?

    I want a shirt that reads
    Stop crying your ruining it for me Pete.

    Bob